Thursday, August 15, 2013

Day 66 ( Not a Great day)

Today wasn't the best day. Not really sure why. I hadn't worked out like i planned. Not saying i didn't work out i just didn't do it like i planned.  Marlena has to workout without me now cause the kids have started school.  She has to hook up on her dialysis machine early enough so she can get them up for school. So we have been trying to workout in the mornings and its been rough.  But today life got in the way and we couldn't do it this morning so the plan was to do it when i got home.  On another not the doctors appointment went well but they put me on a very low dose of my metoprolol (25mg). I was on 150mg twice a day.  So this is the second day of it and its already messing with me.  My heart rate is very hard to get up where it needs to be for the workouts and I'm already noticing I'm feeling down now where i was feeling so good just a few days before.  I'm going to keep taking them and see if my body is just adjusting, but if i start to gain weight I'm not going to take them.  Either way my weight will kill me or my heart so I'll pick the none chemical way if i have to. 

I don't know if its just today or what but I'm losing my Drive to do this, not saying i want to stop.  Just saying that push i had from myself to really do this hard is drifting off.  I'm working really hard to keep my head in there and fight against it but it just seems the workouts are getting harder, not easier.  Like i hit a point and I'm having trouble pushing through it. Maybe I'm just tired... maybe i need to take a full day off... but i don't want to.  I've taken two off already and that's to many right now.  I gotta keep going and hope its just today and tomorrow will re energize me...

Just me being an Eeyore

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Just wanted to say that I've been going through a difficult time (not that I know precisely what you are going through, but I know it's hard when health is the most serious factor in your decision and motivation) and I hated feeling that my second chance was wasted and I wouldn't get a third. That prompted me to get it going and I've been going strong now the past couple of days and I just want to make sure you know that you can do it and all you have to do is move one little muscle at a time! Just the tiniest one and then you get going again! Actually doing it isn't the most difficult part, it's wanting to do it and I know you have to want to! The rest you just have to do one little muscle at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Kat says. You know I haven't felt like doing a full workout for the last few days either so I'm just doing the 12-minute Red Hot Core workout. It's nice and short. Another thing you could try is just going through the Energy workout and not engaging as much - just going for the stretch. Anything to keep moving and keep in the game. Things will turn around.

    ReplyDelete