Saturday, July 27, 2013

Day 48 What Inspires You

Usually i write about how i did one day to the next or something that might have happened to slow me or motivate on day to the next, but today i wanted to just write about what Inspires.  I've seen alot of stuff in Vlogs and Blogs people asking what inspires you or what made you start the DDPY program or even why it took so long.  Well, for me many of the videos you seen on YouTube including Arthur's, but not just him.  See I saw that video and i thought, well this is just one man who is to say this isn't a normal result.  So i set out to see more videos and i found a ton.. Everyone from DDPYogaVsRob , SLimtronic, Ian Rogers and everyone in between and i couldn't help but feel this was legit and exactly what i needed.

I know I've Wrote about my Open Heart Surgery, but I never really tell the whole thing.  See, At the age of 30 when i had the double-bypass to correct a "Widow Maker" The surgeon went out into the waiting room with my family and told them 50% of my Heart is dead.  He Told them If i did EVERYTHING they said I Would Live a MAX of 10 more years.. Of course i was told this information from my family and at first it motivated me.  I did everything i was told to do, but i kept going back into the hospital for a Multitude of reason, blood clots and pneumonia just to name a couple.  It got harder and harder to stay on track.  I had wonderful friend who tried to help push me and keep me going and in the end i pushed him away. I was doing what the doctors said.. I was Busting my ass everyday working out and eating right (so I thought) and couldn't keep the weight off and the thought of Just having 10 years lingered in my mind. I got so down.. so depressed I pushed everyone away.  I drank and wallowed in self pity.  I did horrible things to hurt people around me cause I was hurting so bad inside. Then Last Year i lost my Mother.. She was the world to me.  I lost so much time To spend with her just drowning in depression.. and my mother was so strong. So later that year i turned 36 I weighed 320 lbs and I was trying to get things together... I kept in my mind how my mother raised me.. and how much she loved everyone around her and she always help anyone who needed it. I couldn't be Depressed, Weak and just waiting to die anymore i had to fix it, my daughters are 13 and 7 and i want to teach them both to drive... I want to hold them on their first broken heart and i want to see my grandchildren... All that doesn't happen in 10 years.. I refuse to accept my expiration date.  If you have seen my day one photo's you can see the scare on my chest.. it's not very pretty.. they did a pretty crappy job putting me back together, but it was emergency surgery so i accept that.  That's a constant reminder of the expiration date. So, I push everyday to be stronger, healthier, and smaller everyday... I've not seen enough Smiles ... I've not shed enough tears in this life yet to give up.... I'm Stronger then that.  I've survived for a reason, a reason more then to just die at a 40.  I'll Live My Life at 90% .... I'll keep pushing and Ducking the Reaper and show just how stubborn i can Be and eventually he'll avoid me in Fear of the BANG!!  If I can Inspire just One person to keep going and maybe avoid the Reapers Grasp too.. then I've done good and I'll make my Mother proud.  That's why I'm thankful for DDPY.. this isn't just a weight loss program.. This gives me a way to share and help others on the same journey and Get help when we need it. Its Healing of the Mind and Body and I couldn't be more thankful for it.  Thank You to Everyone From TeamDDpYoga.com

Get Strong and Stay strong everyone!! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you decided to challenge that prognosis. I think you're on the right track! What inspires me is people like you who have extra challenges to deal with who make it work. If you all can, I can too. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope everyone who reads this gets some inspiration from it and helps push them where they need to be. Just 12 more days and I'll be taking my 60 day photos and weighting in. Think that will really show the improvement.

      Delete