Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Weekend (Day 41)

Well, been a good weekend. I start my 7 day "Staycation" from work.  Not going anywhere just going to get some repairs done to the house and yoga.

So yesterday we took a off day. We were beat. I kinda wished i hadn't though. I woke up this morning and my back was hurting horribly.  I got some water and popped in  Wake up cause that usually helps a ton.  I did the workout and was still a little stiff and sore. Well Marlena, my wife for those wondering, got home from church and i was lurking in teamddpyoga chat and someone said they did some of the exercises on their off day but didn't really engage the muscles so much and that made perfect sense to me.  So I told Marlena to strap on the heart monitor we are doing some yoga.

Now i normally work hard when i do the exercise but this time I just took it easy.  I engaged a little but kept it very mild and i was amazed that my heart rate got right into my zone just like normal but i wasn't pushing my muscles  that hard. I got sweaty but wasn't breathing nearly as hard and at the end of it my stiff back and pain was gone again.  Instead of reaching for painkillers i reach for a yoga DVD. Oh, and Thanks for the helpful comment from HeidiSue that inspired that workout!

We had a great dinner Sunday too. Finally bought a steamer. JCpenny's had on sale for 60% off! couldn't pass that up,  But we had steamed Broccoli, Cauliflower, carrots and gluten free Meatloaf! Meatloaf was leftover from the other day but when we cook we kinda go overboard. Great dinner, then i made the kids and Marlena "Milk Shakes" I used Silk Almond Milk, Half a banana and GMO-Gluten Free-all natural peanut-butter and blended. The kids loved it and the collieries where only around 290 a cup.

Now over the last month or so I've noticed a huge improvement in my flexibility and weight loss and dropped pant sizes. So had Marlena.  She had to buy new Bras cause her chest diameter had shank 4 inches. All that said i can't believe the drop in my Blood Pressure. I've not taken pills in 3 weeks and i watch it like a hawk and its always good.  The proof is in the pudding as they say and all i can say is wow.. I've told my sister about it all and I've got her excited to start and hopefully she will feel the same as me.  Honestly i don't see how she can't... this program is the best I've found.. people in it are just awesome..

Stay Awesome and Peace!!

My Blood pressure as of 30 minutes ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment