Thursday, July 18, 2013

Intro To G&M's DDPYoga Experience

Okay, lets try this again. I tried to post from my phone but it wouldn't let me and lost the whole post! JOY! so lets do this again!

First Off this is a Blog about me (George) and my Wife's (Marlena) experience with DDPYOGA. We have been doing it for 38 day and absolutely love it. Now this is our first blog away from Teamddpyoga.com but we have been posting a few things here and there.

Just a lowdown on who we are. I (George) am a 36 years old Male who at 23 had lower back surgery and at 30 years old had to have a double bypass operation on my heart because i had a Heart attack at the age of 25 and didn't know it. The reason for the heart attack wasn't because of my health but was because i had unregulated high Blood Pressure. So, at 30 I go into the hospital with some pains and technically died 3 times, I still tell my wife from time to time that we are technically not married anymore but she doesn't agree with that logic. So, after the operation i did good at that time i was 220 lbs and worked a pretty physically demanding job. Shortly after getting back to work and finding out i couldn't do the things i was doing the company started to lean on me cause i was costing them so much in insurance. Then one day laying in a hospital bed just after a clot passed through my heart I decided it was time to leave that job.  Well, after years of fighting to get disability I got very depressed. My family was struggling to stay afloat. If not for my wonderful family and friends we would have been homeless many times. But during this time i started gaining weight.. Lots of weight. At the beginning of this year i weight 320 lbs.  I looked in the mirror and had to remember who i was and remember what i had fought through and realized i was giving up... I DON'T GIVE UP! So I starting trying every thing i could to loose weight. But i couldn't get below 300 lbs. Then one day i say Arthur's video on YouTube and was amazed at the transformation, but i thought .. this is one guy out of a 1000 people who have tried this.. but i kept looking for other videos and say all kinds of self-made videos of people losing weight and getting their lives back.. but i still couldn't get myself to order those DVDs. Finally it took my wife to say she would do them with me and to give it a try.. the cost was less then a set of weights or any piece of exercise equipment. So i did..

Now my Wife (Marlena) is 34 years old Female who at 16months old was diagnosed with diabetes. She has lived her whole live with this disease. This last year she has been diagnosed with kidney failure and is currently on dialysis.  She does Peritoneal dialysis at home. For those who don't know what it is, here is a link. She is far from overweight but she decided to do this with me and help motivate and keep me doing it.  She just wishes to gain some flexabilty and to get fit for her Transplant. I don't need to go into the other things going on with her cause most are the cause of her diabetes or her kidney failure.

We have 2 children.. that we will not leave behind anytime soon. This i guarantee .. and if you know me.. i don't lie and WE WILL OVERCOME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment